Love hosting? Cooking? Kids running around the house and cackling laughter of people piercing every wall of your home? That’s great!
Now you just have to make it come true by decorating a dining room where people love to relax, share stories, and bond. Needless to say, the most crucial element of a dining room is the dining table. You cannot go wrong with it!
Yes, there’s something called a perfect dining table design, which will help to bring together the other elements in the room, such as the lighting fixtures, wall decor, etc. The design must represent your lifestyle, personality and show your willingness to host amazing dinner parties.
You will be spoilt for choice when it comes to dining table designs. There are many options, from minimalist and antique to contemporary and modern dining tables. Here’s a list of some of the most trending dining table designs.
Have you heard less is more? Modern interior design is all about minimalism. For example, you can decorate your dining room with a minimalist dining table showcasing a simple design, clean structures, and straight lines.
A minimalist dining table in Kolkata focuses more on durability, strength, and function.
You can find simple wooden table sets to suit your dining room decor. You can get the table in any preferred shape, such as rectangular, square, oval, circle, etc.
The shape and size of the table will depend on the size of the dining room.
You can transform the appeal of the minimalist dining table by placing attractive table runners, napkins, a flower vase, candlesticks, and other table accessories.
Bold & Beautiful Designs
Although there might not be much going on on the tabletop, there are dining tables with legs designed to be bold and beautiful. The tabletop might be a glass tabletop so that everyone seated around the table can see the legwork easily.
If you want to make a dramatic statement, you can look for tables with unique legwork designs to make your dining space look unique.
You can head to a luxury furniture store near you to look at their collection of dining tables with unique bases. If you want something elegant, you can look for a carved wooden base that adds a touch of opulence.
To achieve a cozy, rustic charm for your dining room, you can opt for dining tables with a simple, rectangular, or square table top and rounded legs. In addition, you can place mismatched chairs to elevate the appearance of the dining room.
You can opt for a modern dining table design with curvy corners and sides for your modern home. These dining tables are sleek and functional. They feature a no-fuss design, and their appearances can be enhanced by placing the right light fixtures, such as chandeliers, lamps, etc.
Matched Dining Table Sets
You can opt for matched dining table sets when decorating your dining room. This will save you a lot of trouble. You can simply pick up the table and the matching chairs from one of the high end furniture stores in Kolkata.
This is one of the easiest ways of decorating your dining room, and it is the best solution if you don’t have a lot of time. Also, this will mean that the designs match. However, this will not help showcase your unique personality. For that, you must opt for a mix and match dining set.
Mix & Match Dining Table Designs
If you do not want to take the easy road and show off your creativity, you can ditch the dining table set and go the mix and match route.
Here, you can decide on the dining table design first. Then, you can choose whether it will be traditional, modern, or contemporary. Also, you can select the tabletop material.
Then, you can match the dining chairs with the table. The chairs might be a replica of the table design, or you may shake things up by placing chairs of different styles. This will create drama and catch the attention of your guests.
So, these are some of the dining table designs you can choose for your home, or you can discuss them with your interior decorator before proceeding. However, before you bring home the table, you must remember the following:
- Do not forget to measure the dining room and then decide on the table size. The table must be big enough to be the center of attention, but it must leave enough space around the room so people can move from one place to another.
- Table accessories and lighting are as important as selecting the dining table set. If the dining room is not properly illuminated, it can dampen the in-dining experience. Also, table accessories can help enhance the look of the table.
- The shape of the dining table depends on the number of people you wish to be seated at once. You can get a small oval or circular table if you do not enjoy the company. But if you love hosting parties, you must opt for sizeable rectangular dining tables.
- The dining chairs must be comfortable. You can place some cushions so that your guests can eat comfortably and have the best time eating your food.
- The color of the dining table and chairs is just as important as their size and style. You must choose the color according to your dining room decor and ensure they all fit to create the best space for hosting great dinner parties.
- The tabletop material will define the appearance you are hoping to achieve. If you want to create a modern, contemporary look, opt for glass. If you are aiming for a traditional appeal, you can choose wood. If you want your dining room to appear luxurious, select marble.
The Bottom Line
There’s a specific dining table design for each home. What you choose will depend on the overall decor of your home and the in-dining environment you hope to achieve.